Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Le Mort de Poissons

Last night I arrived at about 12mn, changed into house clothes and proceeded to toss and turn in bed. I woke up feeling like I slept for 10 hours and indeed it was already 8am, to late to be on time for work. Before leaving the house, I looked up to check on the aquariums on the second floor of the house. From the position of one of them, I concluded that it was dead. No fish swims upside down, at least not giant gouramies.
Months ago they almost died. Their veins were all shot and their eyes were protruding. I panicked, bought super expensive meds and they got better. A week ago they got sick again. And I got sick of them. They required changing of water once a week, feeding everyday and spending of my hard earned money on their meds and vitamins. And for what? A blip of a bubble? Do they greet me when I get home bone-tired? Are they even mine? No. They were my dad's. He left them in the house. That's his hobby, leaving his load in someone else's yoke. Well, next time he comes home all the aquariums will be clean.
Last night before I went to sleep I checked rooms and condos for rent around makati area. I'm planning to move out of the house, it was only the fishes that hindered me from moving out.
Next time he comes home the house will be empty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home